Thursday, June 30

Silver Linings are for Clouds

Okay, so I followed the special instructions Mr. Bobby the Colour Consultant gave me, spending about an hour in the bathroom. When I started putting colour in my hair, it was pure colour, not mixed with anything, and boy did it  s t i n k. I mean, my eyes were burning so bad from it, as was my throat, that it was all I could do to stay in the room long enough to get the whole bottle out on my head. Ouch. Waited a while, mixed special colour concoction #2, and put that on my hair, then rinsed it out a bit later with cold water. There was a lot of colour in my hair, and it took a lot of rinsing to get it out, and therefore a lot of cold water. Oh my goodness I was freezing. But, I got all the colour out, and the conditioner in. Didn't even get any big globs of dye on my skin (well, that I couldn't wash off, at least). Now it's air-drying (considering that it's a bit late to be running a blow dryer, although the warm air would be most welcome). I'm... not quite sure what I think about the colour. It is a bit, erm, purple and silvery looking, and it wasn't suppose to be. It should've had more of a red tint. But, it's still wet, and I haven't really shampooed it yet, so who knows what it will look like two days from now. I still have half a bottle of the browner colour and a full bottle of developer, so I'll be making use of that tomorrow to hopefully get some darker results. On the upside, my hair is softer feeling, although still quite fragile. But hey, it's something different, and a step closer to being the dark brown that I want.

I had another one of those dreams last night — one of those dreams I was begging with my subconscious to not wake up from. It was another dream about a dominant male, one who looked annoying similar to my evil ex. In this dream there wasn't really any sexual dominating going on, I can't even remember if there was sex in it now (although I do recall a heavy make-out session), but there was that sense of emotional and mental control that always makes me go weak-kneed. Yet I always hate when my memory takes over my subconscious with these things, making my dream Him look so similar to my evil ex. Bah, lots of unwanted symbolism there. Oh well, it was still a sexy dream, and made me totally lusty for some hot dominant man action. But alas, that is just not meant to be right now, because as far as I know I don't know any dominant men — well, at least not in real (physical) life.

Last night, in the middle of writing a draft about my dream, Gem called up. It was, like, 11:40 at night! I didn't know if I should answer at first or let it ring, but then I felt guilty about ignoring her and curious about why she was calling so late. I answered, and despite her constantly saying she needed to go to bed we talked for almost an hour. She apparently thought of me because as she left work she saw a group of women in a belly dance class — I certainly do not mind that her seeing fit sexy curvy women wiggling about in all manner of seduction makes her think of me. We talked business, talked family, talked a fair bit of personal. She's on the outs again with her boyfriend — something I'm always glad to hear because I think he's a jerk and not nearly as good to her as she deserves, but at the same time I know these constant break-ups are rough on her and I don't like to see her in any emotional distress. I always mentally compare his boyfriend abilities with my own, and think how much better for her I would be than he. Even worse, I've showed him up in person doing nice things for her, to have her come to me later without his company to say "thank you for doing that, it was so thoughtful and something he'd never think to do". Her boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend for now, he just makes me sigh and shake my head, instilling no faith in the ability of boy-kind. Men should be afraid all the women are going to turn lesbo, because unless you show us up at our own game, we have no other freakin' choice.

Song to Download: Taja Sevelle's "I & I", because it came on right as I started to type the paragraph about my dream, and the first line of the song is "I had a dream..." Eerie, and good.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net