And yet another night spent here alone. Although I think that last night the alone-time was starting to get to me and I was a little jumpy. I'm fairly paranoid in normal, everyday life, and being alone in a half empty apartment for several days can really emphasize that. I've just been waiting for someone to break in, someone who saw us moving stuff on Saturday and thinks that now, now it will be safe to go in and see if there's anything left. What makes me think someone is going to do that? Because we did it. Okay, well not the whole "breaking and" part of entering, but still. The last batch of horrible loud neighbors left the backdoor unlocked when they vacated, and we'd somehow discovered this. So we went inside just to see, you know? Well first off, it was disgusting. I mean, serious ew factor. The dog's water bowl in the kitchen was filled with dead flies — the rest of the kitchen filled with living ones. They left tons of junk in the closets and in corners of the room, with a pervasive stench that filled the place. The source could have been the piles of dog shit all over the floor, but we felt it was more putrid than that. (See? Ew.) Anyway, I'm pretty sure there's people out there who wait for just such opportunities. And wouldn't they be suprised to find there's a stoned blonde girl that didn't get packed and shipped off? Lucky score for them I guess.
Okay so it's 10a and I've got some work to do. My stuff that's still here, well, at this point I'm using the toss or box method. I work on one room at a time, just me, a box, and a garbage bag. And the stuff either goes into the garbage or the box. No organizing like stuff together, it just goes in the box. And I'm left with several very random boxes. But it has to be done, and I'm really tired of this whole "moving" thing. And I'll admit, I'm getting tired of being alone too. I'd feel better about it if I chose to live alone, like in a studio apartment, but right now it's just the transition. And in a few nights, maybe even tonight, I can sleep in a real bed. Have some more regular company. Of course, I'll probably be stepping over boxes for a few days yet, but that's okay. I'm just looking forward to getting it done.
Monday, June 20
Still Moving, Still Alone
Posted by
M. Here
at
9:47 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment