Friday, June 3

A Sudden Flurry of Activity

Wow, what happened there? I got all quiet-like suddenly. Strange... wasn't expecting that. Eh, at least I didn't wait weeks until posting again. ;)

So the secret pink nailpolish activities from the other day did not result in anything worth talking about. Except that today, I'm meeting with Star at 10a (ack, does it have to be that early?!) to head out to her biz partner's house (mmm, with cute Scorpio guitarist) for a meeting, along with some other people. I thought I was unemployed? What the hell am I doing going to meetings? Oh if only the future could just happen on its own, and not require my monitoring on the way there.

Yesterday I spent the day working on the housemate's band site. They're not paying me for this (as much as I need the money, I so don't expect three teenage boys to pay me in anything other than weed and Jack In The Box burgers) so I'm doing whatever the fuck I want to this site. And I must say, it's looking rather cool. Probably not as "grungy" as the housemate would like it, but we can't all copy Slipknot now can we? I'm using a lot of JavaScript, not something I'm wont to do because it's never particularly functional for a e-commerce site, which is what I have more experience with. But a band site — at least, this one — doesn't really have any purpose other than to look cool and make the band it's about look cool. So I'm busting out my library of JavaScript, and dusting off those fun meta-tag page transitions that I never use. Because they're fun. And even though I'm not getting paid, I can still add this to my portfolio, and who knows... Perhaps another band will see it and be instantly convinced that they need me to build them a kick-ass site. (Still, it would be nice if they paid me...)

I asked my mom to buy me one of those weekly pill organizers (oh damn, those are sexy! ;) last week, and I've been using it since. I think it's actually helping me to remember all my vitamins. I started using it last Saturday and have only forgotten Monday's. I think the trick is that it's kinda cute looking (a very artistic robin's egg blue), is small, and I keep it above the F-keys on my keyboard, so I always see it. Plus I think I'll decorate it with some nailpolish and perhaps glitter. Health is fun!

I have eight straight days' worth of music on my computer; how is it that when playing a random shuffle of "All Music" it keeps playing "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor"? I mean, I like Drowning Pool and all — the singer died a week before I was going to see them live — but that's the only song of theirs I have and really, it gets old. I expect my All Music shuffle to give me a wider range of what's available on my comp, and it just plays a lot of hard rock stuff. Bah.

I think I'm going to make myself a breakfast of scrambled eggs and hashbrowns today. It's been forever since I ate an actual, Real breakfast. To me, a Real breakfast has to consist of more than just toast and should be eaten *before* 11a for maximum breakfast-effect. And somehow, we have two dozen eggs. Funny, I don't recall going on an egg-buying spree...

Hmm, the Michael Jackson trial is wrapping up. This should get interesting. BTW, I think he looks horrible in green plaid.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net