Monday, July 4

80°F and Rising

Hmm, I'm in a bit of a pissy mood right now. I was standing at a bus stop to go home, and the bus driver went right by me — woosh. What the fuck was that? Then when he did stop, it was half way down the block and I had to run to get there. Arg. Didn't even say anything when I got on the bus. I'm so tired of always trying to be a nice chipper person; I just wanted to look at him and be like "Why the fuck didn't you stop? It's your job, you know." But I didn't, and let my angstyness fester on the way home. Better that than letting it fester while sitting at the damned bus stop, baking in the sun.

Again, I'm really scatterbrained feeling today. But I just got home half an hour ago, and it's probably mostly because of the whole bus thing. Another reason I dislike national holidays I have no use for: altered bus schedules. Damn, forgot about that. I had an appointment with Star at noon, and didn't get there til almost 12:40p. And by that time she wasn't even there; luckily I walked over to her house hoping she would be there, and was aptly rewarded. So we ended up hanging out at her house for the afternoon, her getting ready to head to a big outdoor fair. One which, by the way, I really wanted to go to this year. The Oregon Country Fair, which is like a miniature Burning Man in the shaded groves of Lane County. Plus it has a lot of hippies; I'm not sure Burning Man would have as many hippies. But, lots of hippies means lots of weed and oh-so-many more options (plus, you know, they're hippies, so it's all organic stuff). And there are drum circles, which is the perfect place to dance with random people and actually put to use my several years of belly dance lessons (although I'm not sure how coordinated I'd be tripping on 'shrooms, so maybe that's okay to miss). But I didn't plan far enough in advance and never really looked into getting a camping permit, so I guess that's a no (but perhaps I still have time to plan for Burning Man...). If I can find my way out there, Star is more than willing to sneak me into her campsite and give me her bracelet pass; they all know her anyway so she doesn't need it. We shared a really knowing look when she tossed a long string of condoms into her bag. Yeah, it would have been really fun to go.

The (ex)housemate called me yesterday while he's north with family. He was telling me about what they've been up to, and how annoying his brother's wife is being. She's not at all techie and not at all into video games so she just stands around looking really bored and sighing a lot while they're trying to have their usual fun. He's telling me this stuff, and I'm thinking Gee, sounds like a really fun time to me... And so finally he said it: "I wish you could have come." Yeah, I told him, and I thought I was going to, with his asking me and all. He tried to brush it off to nobody else ever asking to confirm whether I was going, when in truth if he'd really wanted me to go he would have asked himself. He even said — wait for it — that he missed me. Missed me? Me? Or missed the fact that I'm the only person who can kick his ass at air hockey and Tekken, and that he can still fuck me afterwards. Yeah, missed me. Pfft. I wonder if he realizes how many guys out there would kill to have a hot girlfriend that obsessively plays video games. No, I highly doubt he does. Damned ignorant fool.

Anyway, I'm ranting. It's really hot out today. Somewhere in the mid-80's. I don't do well in the heat; I melt and burn, and it makes me cranky. Obviously. :P So I'm gonna go take a shower and get my head back together.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net