Wednesday, July 6

Drugs Are Never Genre-Specific

I love new graphic projects; you always discover something new about your design style when working with a new client. Now I get to do a poster for the band from this post, which is cool. It'll be something totally random and odd and out there to add to my portfolio. Damn, keep meaning to update my portfolio site.

Went over to the band apartment tonight. I realized the cell phone bill is overdue, and had to collect money from the (ex)housemate to pay it. The drummer cut his hair; he'd been trying to grow it out but it just was not working. Now it's short, nicely trimmed and styled. I must say, he looked good. Too bad I never acted towards that imaginary bout of 4th of July debauchery. While I was there, I realized the bus directly home stopped running at a certain time and had to skedaddle on my way. Which meant I was high when I arrived home. I hate that. Not that I can't manage myself, I just hate feeling deceptive. Oh yes, because my morals are so strong, what if I'm off doing drugs with rock bands and such. :P

But, going over there allowed me to I borrow both the new albums from System of a Down and Rammstein, and I'll be listening to them loudly (with headphones) tonight while I work. I put Rammstein in my CD player on the bus ride home, and it fucking rocks too, of course. And I mean that literally: it's the perfect type of rock music to fuck to. Rammstein usually is. But mmm, "Keine Lust". Doesn't make me think of fat men dancing anymore — it just makes me want to fuck. Damn that. One can only take so much wanting.

Okay, one thing about friends, drugs, and parenting. I hate to say it, but my mom seems to have gotten this one wrong. I mean, I'm responsible with my use (as responsible as one can be doing something illegal) and I didn't do any drugs for a long, long time. But that's because I was sheltered. What, me? Sheltered? Oh yes my friends, quite. But that is yet another reason I love technology: it can break all boundaries, and online, nothing is off limits. So once I got over that whole "sheltered" thing, my life became much richer in physical pleasures. My mom, being the person that she is, assumes any grungy, antisocial, "alternative" individual uses drugs and will corrupt her little girl. This is true, for the most part. But she seems to restrict her lack of trust to just this one group of people, leaving all the rest free from suspicion. As of late, this has become quite evident in her fondness of my being friends with Star, who is strong and outgoing and independant (and quite fashionably coifed in her appearance). Which is really very ironic, because Star has experience with a wider range of rare and exotic drugs than any person I've known to date. Which is quite a lot. She, too, is not a heavy user, and does quite well at moderating herself. Yet it remains that when you become friends with a person, you are apt to socialize and spend time together pursuing mutual interests. Plus she's a good dispenser of advice, such as what results one can expect from mixing absynthe and opium. Please, do not think that means I'm involved in hard core drug use. I'm not; and she's not an addict or a pusher by any means. But she does drugs that are illegal and kill people, or at the very least, make them quite demented (over time). And I find it ironic that my mom likes this girl, this friend of her daughter's, so very much. As a parent, you can never be sure of the habits of the company your child keeps, no matter their style of dress.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net