I predict that at this time next week, I will have disappeared.
disappeared where, you might ask? Why, Hogwart's of course. Because I preordered Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince as soon as preordering was available, and I'll be damned if anything gets in my way of reading it. If I'd ordered it from a brick & mortar store, I'd be in the line all morning waiting for the doors to open to receive my precious copy. As it is, I ordered from Amazon. Which means the book will be coming directly to my front door that day. The heavens forbid that my house is towards the end of the delivery man's route. I hope not, I want it right away. I need it. I need my Harry Potter fix.
I am a diehard Harry Potter fan. I really can't explain why, except that I love the escape, I love the fantasy world J.K. has created, and I love reading. I especially love that this series has inspired so many other people the world over to read as well. Yes, I realize that I am as excited about this as a 7-year old on Christmas morning, and that I will be reading this book along with hundreds upon thousands of kids the world over. But, there are great numbers of adults reading these books too, so I've got some more mature company. But adults (or those of us who feign adulthood) do get the short end of the deal, because we don't get to participate in all the kid-centric activities related to the books. When the local rec center starts offering summer HP clubs for adults, I will rejoice. When I can go to the park and actually join in on a rousing game of Quidditch, I will rejoice. In the meantime, I'll deal. Come this time next week, I'll be lounging on my bed with my tabby-striped familiar, sipping cup after cup of hot chocolate out of my Hogwart's mug and immersing myself in a world that never existed. Next weekend can't come soon enough.
Monday, July 11
Prediction
Posted by
M. Here
at
5:43 PM

5 comments:
If yer gonna disappear next week, try to re-appear down here. Really. Trust me.
Trust you as I may, I can't guarantee the Floo Network will get me where I need to go. Chances are it doesn't work the same with gas fireplaces. And I also trust that if I show up down there, I might never make it home! Who knows what nefarious things you have planned...
ya gotta learn to apparate. Much quicker. Though you'd look great on a broomstick!
Now Karl, you know as well as I do that they do not allow apparating into or out of Hogwart's at any time. I'd have to sneak off into the Forbidden Forest to get away with it. ;)
I'm reminded of a news article from years ago in which a desperate woman supposedly climbed on top of her fridge to masturbate with the top portion of the handle of a long everyday broom. Somehow she slipped off the fridge, impaling herself, and died from internal injuries. But I like the picture you linked a lot more!
I, too, will be disappearing. Not for long since I plan on finishing the book that day. "The order fot he phoenix" took me 3 hours to read. I'll do it while at work. I should have it done by the end of the day. I can't wait!
Post a Comment