Saturday, July 16

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Mail hasn't arrived yet and no delivery man has come to my door, so still no book. ::pout:: At least no one's gone about with any trickery such as when Haron swears she is up to no good. Ooooh, where's my book damnit?! And when will I have the time to read it?! Oh right, I'm disappearing.

So until then, I can't decide if I should go do more yardwork while the sun is there to warm me, or fix my template to be embedded style sheets instead of external, so that Catwoman can come back to play. Hmm. Well, I'm cold and the sun, for once in my life, is awefully tempting. And I just ate a big bowl of rice and steamed veggies, the unwanted pieces of which I fed to the dog with chopsticks. He now knows to stare intently in hope of food when a person is holding two sticks, and not just at forks and knives. This post-meal calm would be a good time to get up and move. Arg, I hate yardwork.

---

Several hours later...
So yardwork won out. Sorry folks. I'll fix the template soon; I know you're all so in love with Catwoman. :D But it was kinda nice being outside, and I ended up not spending as much masochistic time in the sun as I'd expected (although I am a little burnt). Most of the work I was doing was in the shade, and was nicely augmented by a great steady breeze. I would still be out there, but the weed whacker died. Or something; maybe it's overheated because of my mad weed whacking skillz. Word. Oh, and get this: I'm out there, spending half an hour untangling the damned long extension cord, when what do I see? The mailtruck, leaving its run of my neighborhood and heading into the next. Dangit. But by then, I and all the yard tools were already outside, and I already had icky work clothes on, so I stayed in the backyard. I can't believe I haven't run to the mailbox yet even; I'm covered in grass bits (as is the dog, his pristine long white fur surely stained green). I'm off to take a shower and get all squeaky clean, then I'll check the mail. Although I do think it's mean that Amazon would send out a book such as Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince using the postal service; they should give bonuses to any UPS and FedEx delivery folk willing to be up at midnight delivering books to all the children while they sleep. Better than Christmas, I tell ya.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Dang girl. Going through vibrator batteries at a record pace is one thing, but you even wore out the weed wacker? You slut!

M. Here said...

Thanks so much Ray; and after I tried my hardest to keep from revealing the real reason behind my love of power tools!

It's true though. ::hangs head in shame::

 

scientology.org

xenu.net