What's up with girls who have huge boobs and no ass? Honestly I'd rather have smaller tits and a smashingly squishable ass than no ass at all. Sir Mixalot would be proud.
So I've been busy. Enjoyably so, at least. I've had an interesting past few days. Although in reality, it felt more like "day", because I was awake for, oh, about 40 hours, from 10a on Tuesday the 19th til I finally went to sleep at 2a this morning (Thursday the 21st). Ha, yeah, that's pretty bad. No, it wasn't drug induced in the least, and I only had one caffeine hit (a frozen caramel machiatto imbibed at 6p last night, and only because it was fucking hot out). Thank the heavens for youth, and the impossible amounts of energy it brings!
Initially I was planning on just a late night, getting all the final cleaning, organizing, and packing done to prepare the house for public shows. And it just kept... going. I didn't get a chance to stop. (Sometimes life is just like that.) I spent quite a while standing on a ladder re-painting the top edge of the walls in my room. I now know for sure and certain that I hate textured walls. Because they're so bumpy, you can't use normal painters tape to get a good clean edge. And that's just on the wall/ceiling seam; you can forget about decorative stripes or patterns. All my furnishing were squished to the middle of the room during this, and I decided to arrange them differently after to make the room look bigger. Plus my computer moved into its own room, a small 9x5 foot room just next to mine. I even have it on a computer desk! Fancy that. After I finished all of my own cleaning projects, I had business stuff to work on. Which is what I did Wednesday afternoon until it was time to meet up with the (ex)housemate.
That proved to be more difficult than expected, however. I told him to meet me at the station by his apartment at a certain time for a certain bus, which I was already on. The bus gets to the station, and he's not there. Then a minute before it leaves, I see him walking casually toward the station. He calls me to ask which bus I'm on, and I tell him the one that's about to leave. Does he hurry up? Does he quicken his pace? No, of course not. So then I got off at the following stop to walk back to the station, and he calls to tell me that he's on the next bus and it's leaving. I do hurry up, only to miss the bus he's on. I see him sitting in the back as it drives away, and waited for the inevitable call after he realized he just got on the bus that goes back to my house, not downtown. So in the end, I ended up standing in the sun for half an hour with a very pissed off dude, who seemed to think it was my fault for missing whatever bus we missed. I contested that if he hadn't hung up on me several times, I would have had a chance to finish my sentences about bus schedules and propose just going back to his apartment to smoke a bowl before the next bus. This set him in his place, and he finally stopped griping. Arg.!.
We were going downtown to upgrade his cell phone, and I had to be there because it's on my plan and I'm the main account holder. He got a phone that's pretty nice ('though mine can still run laps around it); his frustrated mood continued when he realized he wouldn't be able to get a phone with at least both a camera and speakerphone with only the upgrade credit. Oh my gosh, you end up paying only $50 for a phone with all these features? You poor poor thing. We ended up getting out of there pretty late, as it was initially fairly busy, then the tech guy encountered a problem he'd never seen before when trying to program the new phone, and so spent a lot of time calling other tech support. But the store was air conditioned, so it was okay. We were planning to go to a movie afterward, but it was already so late and we were both hungry so we thought we'd go back to his apartment and just rent a movie. We did eat, we watched a lot of Comedy Central, but we never got around to renting a movie. And I was going to go home for the night, but then I missed the last bus. Heh. Oh how I love the booty call.
In other news, (ex)Housemate #2 is pregnant. Well, his girlfriend, whom he's been with for maybe two months, is just over 5 weeks pregnant. This is really bad. I mean, the guy's a ditz and an irresponsible jerk (obviously). He turns 20 this year, his girlfriend, 22. So. That's been quite a topic of conversation between the few of us when he's not around. The whole situation is just extremely fucked up. Dare I say it? She shouldn't have this baby. Nonono, not at all. (ex)Housemate #2 is a good example of why our society should have to take some sort of entrance exam to have sex. But I will say that, should he end up with a wriggling little creature to call his own, well, I think he'll be a fairly good dad. I mean, he'll finally have someone to communicate with on his own level. ;) Okay so that was mean, but really. Tsk tsk.
So, now I'm home for the day. Got a good 8 or so hours sleep in me and I'm feeling pretty good. Now I just have a ton of work to catch up on, blogs to read, and emails to respond to. All this, and I could theoretically have to leave at any time, taking the dog with me, in case someone wants to look at the house. Which means that I have to go around cleaning up after myself, and even walk around with clothes on(!!!) because all the blinds are open and the lights on. In other words, I have to behave like some responsible people do every day. But frankly, I'd rather sit here naked and eat Peanut M&M's.
Wednesday, July 20
One of Those Days
Posted by
M. Here
at
12:06 PM

2 comments:
"Thank the heavens for youth, and the impossible amounts of energy it brings!"
Not always possible. I fall asleep at the first opportunity. Usually within the last 5 months with the ex :)
I HAVE to sleep! I can't understand people (such as yourself) who can stay up more than 24 hours. The most I've done is 20 hours (we watched a boxing match), and I had to sleep!
No, you're right, it *isn't* always possible. Trust me, I have had spans of time where I've had little to no energy and have slept 14 hour days. So when I *do* have some unearthly ability to stay awake *and* have the energy to do stuff, I'll be damned if I don't make the most of it!
A boxing match that lasted 20 hours? Now *those* guys have energy! ;D
Post a Comment