After the artist was done sketching me, A and I went off with Nimi to smoke some bowls in some little hidden-away campsite of some friends of his. It was only as I left that I realized that the entrance road to this site was where the event security were stationed. A little more daring than I usually cut it, but it worked out fine. Nimi played with A's pretty new camera, and they both snapped random shots of the area. I didn't know A as well as Nimi so I wasn't talking as much, just sitting back and enjoying the peace. At one point, A turned to me and said "You're very photogenic, you know." This immediately made me blush, as I am wont to do with compliments, and little did I know he snapped a picture of me at that exact moment. Later he showed it to us, saying "And this is the smile I got from her when I said she's very photogenic." This, of course, warranted another blush.
The day was dying down, and event attendees had long melted away in the heat of the sun, and so we packed up and said our farewells around 8p. Promises were made with a handful of photographers and artists that Star and I would contact them, or vice versa, after the event for further sessions. Hugs were exchanged with new friends — I'll admit, I gave one faerie biker boy from Seattle a hug perhaps more lingering than necessary — and business cards changed hands. Such was our first excursion to Faerieworlds. But none of us were really at all tired (a lingering effect of the tea) and we were all in quite good moods (lingering effects of the pot and the wine) so we decided that we would not yet call it a night. We stopped at Star's house for a quick shower to wash our feet and scrub off grubby sunscreen, and I fixed the wilting curls of my hair, and off we went again. This time we went to a nearby eatery to meet up with A and have a few drinks. And I had a very, very excellent cheeseburger that I think I ate in about 5 bites. (Mmmm, meat!) The four of us occupied only one table on the raised patio section of outdoor seating, but no one wanted to sit near us. I can't blame them, we were being fairly loud and raucous. We weren't drunk by any means, just in very good moods. Plus we had a huge bowl of tater tots sitting in between us, and who isn't cheered by tater tots?!
From the restaurant we went to A's house, as Nimi had been playing the beggar for more to smoke, and being the gracious guy that he is, A obliged. We got to his house and I met his two roommates and another friend, whose wife I'd worked with previously, incidentally. Two of the guys have a puppet show where they use these marionettes made from recycled materials, and had just a few days earlier received the first draft of their DVD. So we settled in prepared to watch, well, I had no idea what to expect from a recycled puppet show hosted by a couple of stoners, but it seemed interesting. A admonished me for sitting on the floor and told me that if he was going to be playing host to three gorgeous women they'd better all be sitting on the couch with him, so I moved over and sat by him. It was really quite a cozy setting, and we started the puppet show not watching actual acts but the blooper real. Oh My Goodness, I don't know that I've ever seen anything funnier than that. Seriously now! That was the most I'd laughed in a long time. But I'm a smart girl, and keep my head about me, especially when so inebriated, so I was quite aware that A's arm had settled itself across my shoulders, and that his hand was resting squarely on mine. It was quite a ::ahem:: pleasant feeling, to say the least. I think we watched about an hour of puppet bloopers, as well as a few "behind the scenes" that weren't behind the scenes as much as they were above them, where the puppeteer was. Eventually we realized it was nearing 1a, and we were all dead tired, so it was time to head home. A few more goodbyes to our puppeteering friends, and another lingering hug for A, and the three of us set off again back to Star's house.
Nimi headed home from there, and Star and I didn't do much other than strip and wash our faces. All in all it was an excellent day, and very unexpected in its activities (but that's what made it so fun). Faerieworlds over and done with, we really hadn't turned a profit for Star's business; but then, none of the vendors out there appear to have done so either. Instead we made tons of excellent business contacts, which is always good. And hey, we met a lot of cool people! Even better. Star still had me for one more day, however, and while it would not be nearly as eventful as this day, it was definitely another day for firsts.
Sunday, July 31
Faerie Day Two (part 2)
Posted by
M. Here
at
1:35 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment