I'm having such a hard time working today. There's so many distracting elements around me, and I want to play with them all. So instead, I'm allowing myself the distraction of blogging about my distractions, such as: I need to call Star back; she called last night while I was at Gem's. I have a handful of emails to respond to, business and personal (I'm actually supposed to be working on the business ones). There's a strange tattooed man outside playing basketball with his shirt off (apparently my neighbor's son, about my same age, is on the university team). My nails are dirty and need a manicure. And of course, I still have boxes to unpack and go through.
And the pictures! What is up with the sudden requests for pictures?! Oi vay boys; I've gone half a year without so many people asking me for pictures, let alone simultaneously. Honestly, I don't *have* decent pictures of myself; all the pictures I have on my computer are ones I have been behind the camera to take — of cats, sunsets, and Halloween pumpkins I carved. None of which give you any idea of what I look like (although I think the pumpkin is pretty damn cool, but that's irrelevant). I don't know where my digicam is right now (did I mention the more boxes?), and I apparently deleted the driver for my webcam so until I find one or the other, y'all will just have to wait. It's not like my name is Lili now... But at least none of you have written asking for pictures of boobies or something, because that would get old fast. For the record, to date only one reader of this blog has ever received a picture of me, and that was because he never even asked for it. Really, to those of you who have placed your request, you will get your pictures — when I do find my camera, I'm afraid I'm going to end up wearing out the auto-timer! S'allright, it's an old camera anyway and I think I'm due for a technological upgrade.
Wondering what two bisexual women, fed up with the men in their lives and alone for the evening, end up doing? I'll tell you; highlight the text below (click and drag) to find out...
Start here
Buy office supplies
Watch movies with sexy-ass men (James Spader for me and Keanu Reeves for her in "The Watcher")
Eat fattening pizza and horribly unhealthy cookies
Make jewelry
Have what ends up being an intensely philosophical discussion about dating and life
End here
Yep, it's true. And it was really really fun. Oh, then there was that tickle fight in our lacy negliges, but I know you don't want to hear about that... o.0
Might Want to Download: Apocalyptica has a song called "Gothic Metal", which I find pretty damn amusing. Because when you listen to it, you're pretty much getting the gist of every other gothic metal song out there. Screamy-sounding man I can't understand, female choir vocalizations, fast guitar, some strings, the slow section with melodic vocals and keyboard, then back to the screamy fast stuff. Yep, that's it, on the nose. Okay, so some bands out there (Nightwish, Dimmu Borgir) do a pretty good job of mixing up that basic ingredient list and adding an extra spice or two, but still. A horse is a horse.
Sunday, July 3
Easily Amused, Easily Distracted
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:20 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment