So it turns out I get to go be a hippie for a day this weekend after all. (OCF) I'm quite thrilled about this; I didn't get to go last year, and the year before was my first time out. And of all things, it was with my mom. And that was boring. That place is all about being naked and free and under the influence of at least three mind-altering substances. We wandered for maybe an hour or two looking at the retail booths, then spent a while sitting and watching the belly dancers. It was hot as hell outside and dusty to boot, which made us both kind of grungy feeling. It's just not the right environment for her and I knew I would have a lot more fun with someone else. Plus we went on the first day (Friday) it was open and a lot of the vendors were still setting up; this year I'm going on Saturday so things will be well underway. Lucky Star, getting to camp out all week!
I would've been quite sore if I didn't go this year, because this year I can actually go and do drugs — which is really a part of the true experience, lest you be a "tourist" — so I plan on having A Lot of fun. It's like, hmm, let's see how many different species of mushrooms I can classify with my mouth... Not something I do on a regular basis so I can justify it for a day. Tonight I've been preparing my costume, a bit late-notice but I'm managing. I spent about three hours earlier tonight making horns for my costume, and as casual wear (as casual as horns can be) for three other people. Not, you know, devil horns, but cool horns. Evil demon child of the earth horns; each pair is different. My own are the most elaborate and it took me an hour to engrave the designs on them. And I still have all four sets to paint! Eek. But it'll be worth it. I just wish I had time to make wings. The only part of my costume left is deciding between my leather-like vinyl corset or a halter top. But the weather's looking to be partly cloudy, so I think I'll stay cool enough for the corset. Heh, good.
So, because that's where I'll be all of Saturday, I probably won't be around to post til Sunday, or early next week depending on just how much fun I have out there. I'm staying the night with the group I'm going with so that we can all get ready and take off together (as versus compiling from several different locations). Weeeee! I'm excited. :D
Friday, July 8
Hippie For A Day
Posted by
M. Here
at
3:30 AM

1 comment:
Boomers, music, sunshine... Damn, you have fun this weekend. Nothing like a festival to waste away a few summer days. Have fun!
Post a Comment