Pardon my absence, these past few days, but I've been ill. The sort of ill that turns time upside down, and the days stop and become just a steady cycle of light and dark that you could care less about. I rarely get sick anymore, thankfully and amazingly, but when I do? Boy it's a doozy. I've been on the go too much lately, I knew this was coming. Of course, I didn't do a thing to stop it. But hey, there is some degree of fun to be had with fevers and dizziness and nausea. Because on the upside, all this forced immobility has allowed me to finally read the new Harry Potter. It was very interesting, and had a few unexpected twists. I think I did enjoy Half-Blood Prince more than Order of the Phoenix, but my favourite is still Goblet of Fire. That is one of the few books in my quasi-adult life that has managed to make me cry; Prince just made me angry. Anyway, I'm glad I got that done. Wish the book had lasted longer than my flu though; I still have that damned spider bite too. The swelling has gone done, thanks to prodigious and continuous application of ice packs, but before it did I felt like the Disney rendition of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, save hunch. 'Cept now I'm kind of hunching forward too, because my back hurts too much to sit up straight. I spent all day in bed sleeping, curled up with Harry Potter and my heating pad. Oh, and the house sold today. So I guess that means that I'll be moving — again. Gee, can't wait. (At least you know being sick hasn't affected my sarcasm...) I have Day 2 of Faeriworlds typed up, but I haven't sat at my computer long enough to edit; just trust that it's on its way. When I can walk upright again like the Homo Sapiens-version I'm supposed to be, then y'all will get a decent update. :) Oh, and happy national sysadmin appreciation day!

1 comment:
get well merrick.
Post a Comment