Thursday, July 14

When It Rains

I live in what's considered one of the rainiest regions of the Pacific Northwest. But I never thought that would transfer over into my personal affairs. My entire life lately has taken on a "When it rains..." status. There could be a dry spell on anything, for several months, and then *bang!* a rush of activity. I don't understand it.

I went just about a week not talking to anyone on the phone. No friends, boys, business calls, etc. Nothing. Then yesterday, while I was trying to curl my hair before going out, four different people called me. Four! It took me two and a half hours to curl my hair*.

In work, I can go without any freelance gigs for a month, even more. And now, I have a plethora of clientele, several of whom are asking me to delve into very detailed aspects of their business, and a band that wants me to design their marketing campaign for their tour in September. Umm, okay! Not like I'd day no, of course. But I'd like it so much more if these big projects could spread themselves out over time so that I can get some sleep and have time for other stuff.

Even pizza pours sometimes. I could hang out with a handful of different people in a timespan of only a few days, and every one of them will order a pizza. What is it with pizza?! I've taken to eating vast amounts of rice at home. Partly because hey, I can play with my pretty green chopsticks, but also because it's nice to have something neutral for the palette.

Travel and events seem to be pouring right now. I had the OCF last week, stuff I'm planning for the coming months, and now Saturday I'll be with Star attending a local event. It will rock because we get to play serious vintage dress up and wander around with old paper parosels. People love it when we do shit like that. And the weekend of the 23rd and 24th, I'll be going to Faerieworlds with her. Not my usual style, but hey, I'm not passing up a chance to run around in a frilly dress with fairy wings on, no sir. Besides, I'm getting in free so of course I'm down.

I'm wondering what else is going to pour next, and hoping it's not bills.

*As I said a few days ago, that ash blonde shit was just not doing it for me. So by 8p that same day, I was a brunette. I rather like it, it's a rich warm brown with subtle red tones that look purdy in the sunlight (but ha, when am I ever in the sunlight?!). Plus it's uber soft now and I can't stop playing with it. I also got bored with the cut that same evening and took a pair of scissors to it. Not a lot, just trimming off some of the damaged parts (all that bleaching!) and adding in layers. Layered hair is perfect for putting into big curls, it has this voluptuous quality to it. So far it's been well received, so I'm happy.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net