Note: Sometimes, I'm pretty sure I really am a daft fool. Indeed.
Damnitall, it's almost 3a. Didn't I learn my lesson with that whole 40-hour marathon of consciousness? Okay, well perhaps I wasn't conscious the whole 40 hours. But I was awake, and that's got to count for something. Really, I need to get my ass in bed. But there's been this lightning storm all evening, I think it started somewhere around 9p. The nice quiet kind that's just there, doesn't disconnect your cable, doesn't electrocute you through the phone line. It just flashes its serpentine bolts of lightning through your windows, the thunder kicking into high gear every once in a while to rattle the doors on their hinges. Little rain, just enough to keep it cool outside. Not that I go outside during thunderstorms. Too dangerous, you know. Yet I can't sleep during a storm because something about it is so exciting.
Unless something happens between now and, well, sometime later today, I'm still going to Faerieworlds with Star. I think I'll eat a big juicy hamburger for breakfast, rare. Maybe guzzle a few raw eggs. Just to get my fix before I'm away for the weekend and stuck in the vegetarian culture. Not that there's anything wrong with not eating meat. I do so purely because I was evolved to, and it'd be a shame to waste those expensive incisors I have. (My mom contests that using my teeth to open plastic packaging, however, is not wise use of the results of several years spent in orthodontia. But if we're talking nature, neither braces nor plastics are natural, so there.) This will surely be an interesting weekend. Hopefully there'll be some meat around there at a food vendor, and I could always pick up a hefty package of jerky on the way out (it does disturb me that some stores sell bulk jerky — that's just too much dried up animal carcass). Just to keep my carnivorous desires sated. But what of my carnal desires...
Anyway, looks like I probably won't post before I leave. BUT, I now have my sexy red phone to send pictures with. So perhaps I can get my moblogging game on and do photo updates. We'll see how it goes. Either way, this could be it 'til Monday. Happy weekend y'all!
Oh, it's still Friday. Umm, in that case, TGIF — Thank Ganesh It's Friday!!
Friday, July 22
Goodnight, Good Night
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:54 AM

1 comment:
Though I'm not a veggie by any means, vegetarian food - when done right - is actually very tasty. As long as it's not vegetarian food not trying to be meat (ie veggie burgers, veggie steaks, veggie sausages), vegetarian food can be really gorgeous.
Enjoy your weekend!
Post a Comment