I literally spent forever a few minutes sitting and watching my hit counter, denying my hunger for mac&cheese, waiting for the moment when some hapless visitor would become my 5,000th guest. It went something like this:
Oh, it's almost 5,000!
waits
waits
hits F5 to refresh page
waits
waits
waits
hits F5
waits
Boy I sure am hungry, but I don't want to miss this...
waits
waits
waits...
Okay well you get the idea. Then the stupid dog that lives downstairs started making noise, so I went down to tell him to shuddup and got my lunch while I was there. I realized that this wouldn't really be the 5,000th visitor, considering I didn't have a stat counter til last December. Eventually, someone from a New York college won the race, although I don't think he/she was a regular. Hopefully my next milestone will be a little more exciting.
Tuesday, May 17
5k and Counting
Posted by
M. Here
at
1:14 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment