Friday, May 13

The Only Friday the 13th of the Year*

Afflicted with neither triskaidekamania or triskaidekaphobia, I bid you all a happy Friday the 13th. I am slightly superstitious at times, I will admit, and could occasionally be considered a spiritual individual. But there's too much other shite going on to be afraid of this 24 hour period. Perhaps it will instead manifest some luck for me?

Today being Friday means that I have to go in to work two hours early to go to a business meeting, of which I will probably be the only attendant. Nevermind the fact that I went in two hours early for a business meeting on Tuesday. So today I will start working two hours earlier, because why waste the time (considering the huge-ass project I have to start/finish today), and if I'm lucky, I will leave two hours earlier. But considering how this weekend is going to play out, well, I doubt I'll have much free time. Tomorrow will be most hellish. And by the time Sunday rolls out, I will have energy enough to do naught but sit on my arse. Anyone have some spare energy they could send my way?

I actually had an idea for a site redesign yesterday, and would love to start working it out. But I also have a possible client meeting tonight after work, and need to finish up some stuff for that (oh damn, I forgot to finish that stuff...). Aaaaargh.

Methinks she dost need Happy Pills. No, instead I'll find some happy soundtrack to listen to while I work (after I finish the 5th Element score, or at least get past "Lucia Di Lammermoor"). And a happy breakfast to eat, with happy coffee to drink. And I shall be happy.

Right?

* For those of you wondering, there were in fact two months last year with the 13th day falling on a Friday, and there will be two next year. So make the most of today, cuz ya won't get a second chance til January 13, 2006!

2 comments:

M. Here said...

Truthbetold, perhaps you have some reasoning behind your argument that I am dumb? That I lack in substance or style? What know you of my face or my effect on the senses? Please do comment again when you have such information for me.

Until then, well, just don't read another post from me. Mmkay?

Ignore the troll, kiddies...

M. Here said...

Okay well I was lax in my use of the term, as you so thoroughly pointed out. ;) In fact, though, the term has evolved slightly over the years, and at least in the online gaming community has more of a lean towards the ogre-type than fishing nets. Such is my familiarity with the term.

Know that I have a tendency to delete these random comments, as I have received them in the past; there was a je ne sais quoi in this particular instance that inspired me to keep it. But I will forfeit my troll, Jonathan, if you are going to so thoroughly denounce it.

A party upon discovery of an honest-to-goodness troll (to be determined by an expert) would be a lovely idea--and I'm quite good with baked goods. Know that I also am quite prone to charring in the sunlight, so perhaps we could keep this an evening affair?

 

scientology.org

xenu.net