It has been an interesting past 24 hours, as I'm sure you gathered from the title. At work yesterday I did some excellent graphic design stuff for an advertisement, so I was excited about that when I left. I was headed to a join birthday party for two friends, and I'd actually forgotten that it was a sleepover event so I was totally unprepared after work, and didn't have time to go home and back before we were expected.
From work I went to one of the birthday girl's house, and we had a bitchfest about stuff that's going on. We got into some interesting conversations, and had a few, erm, interesting moments. I thought at one point she was going to kiss me (we'll get to my feelings on this later--this isn't "the crush" girl though), or feel me up, or something. It was odd. I'll attribute most of it to the fact that we were doing liquid drops of THC, and she doesn't get high that often so it really affected her. But the awkwardness was fleeting, and she is a very open person to begin with. I should probably be glad our ride showed up before we got into the opium she had--that probably would have led us to a little more drastic of a situation.
We got to the party house about 45 minutes late, which was perfectly fine because that's when everyone else arrived. It was so nice to sit in a comfortable environment with your friends, everyone laughing and lounging about on papasan chairs and floor pillows. We listened to accordian music and sipped red wine with our brie. I got a really nice warm buzz, especially because I hadn't eaten much yet (oops). In the past few months we've become such a close-knit group of friends and I definitely appreciate how wonderful that is to have.
Eventually one birthday gal (the crush, as a matter of fact) had to go, and after she left we watched Sixteen Candles. I will admit: I'd never seen that movie before. I've said before I'm not a chick-flick sort of gal, and that is definite chick material. It was a pretty fun movie though; oh my gosh did I love the group of really pathetic geeky kids. We were all really drowsy after that, and another one of the gals had to go home as well. Those of us left eventually watched Napoleon Dynamite, and I was the only person who stayed awake for the whole thing. Of course, everyone woke up just in time for The Dance Scene (who doesn't love to watch that?!). Only then, as the sun began to rise on the horizon, did I consider sleep. And I'm pretty sure I was out within 30 seconds of laying down.
The morning after a party is the best because you spend the whole time just walking around to here and there, picking at food leftovers and finding new comfortable places to sit. Eventually it was just me, the remaining birthday girl, the hostess and her brother (the *ahem* cute Scorpio guitarist), and we just moved our discussions from lounging in the living room, to standing around the kitchen counters, to sitting on the floor between the two rooms. We were all luxuriating in our inactivity and stretching idly and discussing everything we could think up: learning styles, circumcision, salsa dancing, business, etcetera etcetera. It was nice. Having real friends is just so nice.
Eventually it was 2 o'clock and people had to be at work soon so we all disbanded. Now I'm back home, alone, preparing to curl up with a blanket and never-ending supply of hot tea and heavy, intense music to play MxO by. Today is m i n e and I'm going to enjoy it. :D This is a good place to be.
Saturday, May 21
An Interesting 24 Hours
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:00 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment