Tuesday, May 17

No Bitterness Allowed

Could someone please explain to me just how a band like Wicked Wisdom--which features (get this) Jada Pinkett Smith--is actually touring with Ozzfest's Second Stage? Perhaps I'm being a bit exclusive, but come on. I'd rather see Dogstar--if only for the yummy bassist. At least his character was in all three Matrix movies, plus he didn't get the part because the original person cast died. (Okay I'll admit, I'm just bitter about Hollywood mixing with the hardcore music scene.)

So now it's down to the wire, and my client needs her site up by Thursday. And I find out today that even though we've been working on this site off-and-on since last summer, she doesn't even have a host. I'm not kidding. And her partner's a self-declared "geek", and he didn't even think about geting her a hosting package when they registered the domain. Which he registered in his name... then let it expire. How does that make sense?

And while we're in the mode of Merrick bitterly asking futile questions, I'll pose this quandry: why do my mouse batteries always die just when I find the time to play MxO? As if the lag isn't bad enough, to think that I'd have to deal with a jittery mouse is just absurd. I can't kick Machine ass with a jittery mouse! Now, if I had one of these bad boys, complete with it's own charging station, I might just make time to play...

I am feeling fairly hyper tonight. Partly because of the show tomorrow night, because I've had so few opportunities to attend kick ass concerts. Also because geeky things make me horny, and skilled rap makes me horny, and when you put the two together and add in a huge mass of people dancing and jumping and throwing off tons of energy, life is very good indeed. I am rather excited. The hardest part is going to be deciding what to wear. (Hooters shirt? No, too much. Certainly not a long-sleeved shirt--too warm. Perhaps something geeky like LOTR. Nerd it up with the glasses? I could see the stage, but I can't risk breaking them. Can I manage wearing knee-high boots at a venue like that? That would mean a skirt--but could I pull of wearing a mini skirt? Damnit, this is difficult. Plus then I will definitely have to wear something girly in my hair--because I can be such a girl sometimes...)

P.S. - I definitely drank too much coffee today, or something, because I am pretty wired. Hmm, perhaps my coffee candle has actual caffeine in it? Perhaps.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net