Friday, May 27

I Don't Know

Yesterday, at approximately 2:10 p.m. PST, I was fired. Yeppers. My employer gave me no warning and no explanation. I have absolutely no idea why she let me go; she has absolutely no idea just what she let go. Of course, I'm totally okay with this--it went down exactly as I'd hoped. I'd been hoping to get fired last Friday, but a week late isn't bad.

My first planned stop after my firing and escortation-out-of-building was across the street to catch Star at the tail end of her work shift and inform her of the good news. She actually had an iced coffee she'd made me and had been going to bring over to me any minute when I showed up, which just goes to show you that I have great levels of communication with certain people. I told her that I'd be filing for unemployment today. She asked what prompted me to make that decision, to which I responded "My final paycheck, gathering my belongings, and being escorted out the door." We both laughed about it for the rest of the evening. Gem didn't find out until much later, and I felt sorry for the girl because over the phone, she sounded really confused about the why's and how's. She couldn't quite grasp how I could be okay with it.

But I am continuing to answer questions with what has become my mantra regarding this particular person's actions and logic: I don't know. And that's fine with me, because it doesn't matter one diddly for my future. I don't know what else there is to say about yesterday's events. It was what I've been wanting (and expecting) for a few weeks now, but I do not regret my time there. My being involved with that business helped redefine my own future goals.

Just how is she going to explain this one?! She thought what happened in the space a month ago was bad for in-store morale. I'm not sure she can foresee the breadth these more recent actions will have on the business. Or perhaps that's exactly what she wants. (I don't know.)

Now if you'll excuse me, my first short-term goal is to spend about an hour soaking in a bath tub full of boiling water and bath salts, reading an astrology book and listening to Harry Potter soundtracks.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net