I'm feeling very lackadaisical right now. I ended up having another whole day of nothingness. I feel like I've barely interacted with anyone today, as I know I haven't seen any people. In the early evening a storm set in; we saw hints of it last night (at about 2a) with flashes of lightning. Today the rest of the storm showed up, complete with rain and huge thunderclaps. And although I generally enjoy storms I didn't like the effects of this one; I had just started watching a movie on Comedy Central when the first bolt of lightning ripped through the sky and somehow managed to knock out the cable. A big power surge accompanied the strike so I thought it'd be best to turn my computer off (I've lost monitors to lightning storms despite expensive surge protectors) and in doing so pretty much lost any form of distraction.
I could have kept cleaning before Gem arrived, but with the storm and the time being almost 7p I had a feeling she wouldn't be coming over after all. Turns out her boyfriend's car broke down in a nearby city and she had to go pick him up. So our plans of potatoes & a movie have been relocated to tomorrow night. S'allright, I never finished cleaning anyway. The storm was upsetting the dog downstairs, so despite that I really wanted to take a bath and listen to the thunder, I knew the dog would just end up weasling his way upstairs and probably crawling onto my bed (ick). So I just hung out downstairs on the couch, listening to the neighbor's kids squeal in delight at each new clap of thunder, then run up and down the stairs in what surely was a noise-pollution contest against the thunder. I curled up on the couch and slept, waking occasionally to reposition my numbed legs.
Now it's 10:30p and while I'm not really tired I think I'll go to bed soon, probably take a hot bath first to make me sleepy and to make crawling into bed all the more splendiferous. I feel like all that lightning was fueled purely on energy it stole from me, because I can't find the motivation to do anything. Although if I had icecream I'm sure I'd be motivated to eat it. ;) Or if the singer from that band last night was around, I could probably find the energy to eat him! Speaking of which, I really should get to posting about last night...
Saturday, May 28
Wind & Rain are Nothing New
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:15 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment