To the fellow who wrote in asking if I'd post "a picture" to the blog, here ye be.
(Next time, I suggest making a more specific request, as I imagine you were wanting a picture of me. Hey, you never know: this could in fact be a picture of me; such is the way of Cubism.)


3 comments:
Jonathan, you may find it quite amusing to discover that I am immediately taking great pleasure from stating that in this instance, you are wrong. ;)
Instead it is a man who fell out of a tree (and was a little "special" because of it, but still quite nice), although that event was not immediately before or after this piece was done, nor really related to the picture.
Be that as it may, art historians do tend to theorize on the similarity between the artist's physical anatomy and the features which they portray in their subjects.
I severely hope that such is not true in this case. Besides, I tend to shy away from self-portraiture.
At least, I would never attempt to render myself in Cubism.
You tell us, Jonathan, is there a hidden meaning to the fact that you find it sexy? Do you have a thing for guys who have fallen out of trees? ;)
Is that what you see? And here I thought I'd captured his disinterest in posing as shown by his intense focus on his book as he lounged in a cozy chair. But I am glad to have inspired you to such an intriguing interpretation.
That's the best thing about art: no matter the artist's intent or the content, there is always someone who sees a dick. :)
Post a Comment