I realized just now that it has been quite a while since I last bleached my hair--my roots are (gasp!) showing! It's not like I really care though, as it kinda works for my "look" or whatever. But still, I'm really ready for my hair to change. Everything in my life is changing--drastically in some cases--so my hair should reflect that. I always change my hair when I'm in transition, or in a rut. The hard thing is deciding what colour. The choices! I always like trying something new each time, which rules out dark blonde, red, or purple/brown. Star used to work in a salon so hopefully she can recommend the right colour for my current mood. I just wish it would get longer already--we have a sudden rash of summer here and I'm tired of wearing it up the same way everyday. It's time for chopsticks!
I called the housemate to let him know that I could go to his show tonight. While when initially discussing my plans for tonight days ago he seemed dissapointed that I'd be absent, on the phone tonight he sounded like he could care less. Really, he couldn't get off the phone fast enough. Maybe he feels like I'll be putting a damper on his groupie-groping or something. Because it's completely impossible that I could be going for any reason other than to see him--it's not like I might feel like flirting a bit. Heck, cute girl alone at the bar? I'd hit on me.
The other day I had to tell someone just how old I am, as the conversation had taken a turn I couldn't connect with. My friend the geek girl was talking about this place she worked at a long time ago. "You remember it?" she kept asking me, "I don't think it's been around for at least ten years. I miss that store!" My only reply was "Yeah, well ten years ago I was ten." Haha, oops. I always hate having to admit my age. Not that I'm ashamed of being 21--I just don't want people to think different of me knowing that they're about a decade older. Why does age matter so much?! Obviously we have great rapport, not that she reacted with any sort of fear of this young girl. Instead it just made her feel old, which is just as bad to me. I told her not to feel "old", but to instead feel "advanced". But then, I think having a 21 year old tell you you're "advanced" is degrading in and of itself. Really people, if it were that easy to change my age to make you more comfortable with being my friend, I would. (In the meantime, just try to get over it, k?) Oh heavens, this is going to get bad when older men start hitting on me... Although they tend to be more excited at their "catch" of a young'n. :P
Friday, May 27
The Hair of Today
Posted by
M. Here
at
8:21 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment