So this day that I was expecting to be way hectic and overwhelming is turning out to be rather fun. I feel a lot of that is due to the fact that while I didn't go to bed til 1:30 this morning, I woke up at 9, which is more sleep than I've been getting nightly. For the event we've been playing cliche European music all day (Pink Martini, Paris Combo, Edith Piaf, tango mixes, etc.), have wonderful catered food, and it's been busy but the guests are all quite fun. I even subjected myself to a bit of retail therapy, in the form of a top I've been lusting after for a while. And now I sit here in the back at the computer, working on my big project--and the mouse batteries are dead. Of course. So I am continuing to work on the project, only it's taking a bit longer than expected. Then again, spreadsheet programs aren't so bad to navigate by keyboard. Shift, ctrl, tab, and alt are my best friends. And if anyone knows of a keyboard shortcut to get to the address bar in Firefox, such as F4 in Internet Explorer, I'd greatly appreciate knowing too!
So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hum a few tunes and eat the most amazing food ever: white chocolate-covered strawberries the size of my fist. No, I am seriously not kidding. ::huge grin:: Wouldn't y'all love to see a picture of me trying to eat that?!
---
Salvation! Batteries have arrived. :) I'm almost done though. Time to celebrate with another strawberry...
Saturday, May 14
At Work, On a Better Day
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:58 PM

3 comments:
Okay Mr. s00p3r g33k, tell me this: once navigating the systray, how would one expand to show hidden/recently unused programs?
Yeah, I know Mozilla has Bookmarks, not Favorites (and there's that bevy of other alternating terms as well). But I still like referring to "bookmarked" sites as favourites, because they are just that for me--and because I'm an eccentric speller.
See now, I thought I'd tried that darn space bar, but perhaps I didn't.
At least you didn't do what most people do and refer to my spelling as Canadian. :P Because the Brits are much more sophisticated, eh!
To that, I ask: what country isn't unofficially a branch of the United States? Such is our invasive ways.
Post a Comment