Ack. I'm trying to file for unemployment, and it just keeps getting more complicated. I finally found out just why I was released though — because I was no longer "a good fit". Perhaps it's just me, but I think that has "personal reasons" written all over it. Whatever, I so don't care at this point. She won't be able to exist the same without me doing everything for such a low wage; now she's going to have to outsource about 3 different things to people who will be charging a pretty penny. Meanwhile, I'm tearing my apartment apart looking for a rogue W2 from last year. I swear I thought I put it in a secure, obvious place...
I think my Firefox has gone a little crazy as of late. A few of the blogs on my blogroll aren't working (something about not being able to find /, whatever / is), and I can't log in to Gmail. Yet all this works in IE. But I don't want to surf in IE, something about it is just icky now. Funny thing is, I haven't downloaded any patches for Firefox recently; it just up and started not working.
I actually went a good month or so without any bruises on my person, which is a feat considering how easily I bruise. But I was unceremoniously re-christened with a huge bruise on my left calf and two smaller ones on my thigh. How these came to be I do not know, for I do not remember being even slightly pummeled with any hard object. It probably came from some piece of band equipment I carted Friday night, but that's so not an exciting cause.
Speaking of which, when the housemate arrived home yesterday he brought with him a demo CD for his band. His dad had recorded it from an audio tape, so they finally have a digital version. I think this is perfect timing now that I have time to build them a site. I asked him last night if he still wanted me to do that, and apparently he's been just waiting for me to make something. Which I didn't know. The requirements are that it be cool, dark, and edgy. Within those parameters I have full reign for the initial version. Yeah, I think I can do "cool, dark, and edgy". Yaknow, I could make it cooler, darker, and edgier if they threw a few bucks my way... *ahem* At least they're being serious about this and planning on actually buying a domain and host, versus something free with built in banner ads or (and I shudder to think!) pop-ups.
Tuesday, May 31
Merrily On Our Way
Posted by
M. Here
at
8:47 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment