What a morning. Sitting, still soaking wet from my shower, and quickly becoming chilled by the drops of water falling from my wet hair down my back and onto my ass. I had a good night's sleep last night, thanks to going to bed at a decent hour and to the two Aleve I took beforehand. And now I have some cool gypsy-style music to chill to from a Buddah Bar cd, and I'm gonna go get some coffee here in a minute. I get to meet with a new client this morning to show her a printed version of the ad I designed; I'm excited also because I know she has some other projects for me and I can't wait to work with her more. (I so <3 small businesses!) I'm wondering what my work environment is going to be like this afternoon and if there will be any lean towards my getting fired. I'm also wondering what color I should paint my nails, although I know I'll get lazy and end up with the frosty white powder finish. You know, horribly expensive nail polishes do dry quickly!
The housemate tried to give me a lecture on drugs and limits last night. This is something I find vastly amusing, because he's been smoking weed since he was fairly young, and while he says he's trying to slow down on it I know (and everyone else knows) that he's an addict* and the only thing stopping him from buying is usually lack of money. He seems to think I'm trying to do too much, experience-wise. I just had to remind him that I am an adult (more or less) and am fully capable of knowing my own boundaries, and knowing the right and wrong times to push them. It's not like I'm suddenly hopping the LSD train to Pillville--y'all will just have to take my word too that some people can be responsible with drugs.
* "They" say you can't get addicted to marijuana, that it's a non-harmful drug. Well, you can get addicted to anything whether it contains an addictive substance or not, and anything can cause physical, emotional, or mental damage if you use it the wrong way. Just know better!
I spent a good few hours yesterday going through ThinkGeek and revising my Wish List. That's always a fun diversion; not only do you get to catch up on their entire product offering, but you get to appreciate their witty banter and easy site navigation. Okay I'm kidding, I just like looking at all the cool stuff. They are witty though.
Which reminds me of exactly what I was going to post about now, anyway. I know I just posted on how coffee can make me horny. And this morning I discovered another thing with the same effect. Something I've been suspecting would push the right buttons, but I've been waiting for it to happen without any prompting. Now, some background: I am, in a sense, a minimalist. I don't like tons of colours on a page, lots of overlapping layers or tons of graphics. I like obvious sections of related materials, and very direct navigation. Such is NeoHacks. Now, I haven't taken the time to fully explore the site, but dang if I don't like their layout! Simple lines, three-column format, lots of nice blue tones. Very tasty. Oh how I hold a special place in my heart for good web design!
May it be known that overtly geeky things like like web design and programming do indeed get me very riled up. ::wicked grin::
Tuesday, May 24
Geeky Lust Strikes Again
Posted by
M. Here
at
8:09 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment