I love my clients, few in numbers as they may be. In school, graphic design teachers will always tell you that you'll start your career off taking jobs that no sane person would take, sacrificing your morals and good taste in the name of building a portfolio (and bank account). Not so fast, says I. This is true to a degree. I'm way picky with what clients I take on — they have to be people I could be friends with. Because if I like the person, I'll probably like their product or service. And if I like what they do, I'm much more likely to be inspired and motivated to do my best to represent them and their business. (And the one time I took on a new client for the money instead of the fun, it turned into a catastrophe.) Case in point: today I received an email from a newer client, responding to the most recent magazine ad draft I sent her, which was accompanied with the news of my no longer being employed at the business she and I first started working together through. I got a huge smile on my face, because this was her email:
Looks Great! I fuckin' love it. I wonder what happened at the store, besides that women being a fool. I'm snapping you up, because you're a total asset to anyone who has you on the job.
::grin:: See? I so <3 my clients. Even more, I love that I inspire them to bouts of excited cursing. At least I know that some aspects of my life are on the right track, and that I have the right people on board.
Tuesday, May 31
Client Appreciation Day
Posted by
M. Here
at
7:11 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment