Needless to say, I am in fact alive and intact after the show last night. More to the fact, I am not one bit hung over or out of wits this morning. So neh. ;)
We started with a dinner of home-made stirfry with tofu, with some sort of lemon and vanilla cake for dessert. Sated on good food, we made our way the whole 3 blocks from her house to the concert hall, and quickly found ourselves stationed at the very front of the stage (and a bit to the left/stage right). My friend is a veteran concert-goer, she may be just as small as I am but she will elbow you the fuck out of her way. On the way in, I noticed that they didn't have the tshirt I wanted--in fact, I think they only had one shirt design; but the "Life's a Bitch" logo was on tote bags and mini buttons, so I got me a button (what am I gonna do with a tote bag?). MC Chris unceremoniously walked on stage and wasted no time getting down to business. He's actually a really funny guy--okay, well like someone can work on Adult Swim and not be funny?--and kept us well entertained between songs. And I knew most all the the words to the songs; combine that with my making a fair bit of noise throughout the show, and I'm sure you'll understand that my voice is a bit sore this morn.
After the show, I went out and got him to sign my ticket stub, but right as I was reaching to pick it up someone asshat bumped into me, planting my thumb squarely in the middle of his sig. So now, I have an mc chris ticket with some black scribbles and a fairly good fingerprint. Eh, as long as I know I was there! And I'm okay that I didn't go to the Star Wars movie afterward; it would have been fun, but so is sleeping.
At the show, something was confirmed for me that I had been expecting: people that are *not* hardcore music fans, or rap fans, or geeks, will probably not enjoy a music show of those sorts. My friend is a doll and I love her, but I don't think she knew what she was getting in to. She'd only heard one mc chris song, Fett's Vette, and so had no idea just how many times pussy, dick, and drugs are mentioned. And yaknow, she's a big girl, but she turned to me and made a face every time he made some sort of reference to using chicks for sex or what-have-you. I took it in stride; what more can you expect from someone who wore a white petticoat and white tshirt to a rap show? But then she referrenced Nazi Germany. ::crickets:: You heard me. Said she got a little worried when people were "raising their fists" (a.k.a. horns). I'm not sure I ever got Hitler out of devil horns, but sure. We're just from different worlds.
So I have other stuff to post about, but that's it for the mc chris show. He kicks ass, he'll kick your ass if he can, and I was really happy I got to see him live, inches away. Heh, that's the best part of being at the front of the stage: when the artist is standing right in front of you, and looking up all you see is his crotch. Yumm.
Thursday, May 19
And Whaddo I Do? Rock
Posted by
M. Here
at
7:32 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment