Wednesday, May 11

They're All The Same

Office printers, that is. As of late, I have been working over-time with the printer(/scanner/fax/copier), preparing a very large and intricate mailing campaign. As mentioned, I've had quite a few issues with the printer trying to eat the specialty paper used for these mailings (determined to be a manifestation of the printers papyrophilia), and now have advanced another rung on the ladder of printer frustration. That is, today I was asked to install one of the new (recycled) toner cartridges and--you guessed it--it exploded. Okay okay, so it didn't really explode, but it did make a helluva mess. Powder inside the printer, on the floor, on the desk, on my clothes (You think I care? All my clothes are black, so I was glad for the colour rejuvenation!), on my hands and, of course, on the very tip of my nose. It wasn't horrible by any means, I didn't look like an ad for Staples or anything. But hey, that had never happened to me before; I feel I've now joined a very special level of office workers.

So now here I am, just after 4p, and I have about 3 hours left of work. Blah. Due to recent events, I have so very little motivation to be here. I mean, arg. But, what can you expect when you work with a fair-sized group of women--and only women? Other than the usual synchronicity (complete with synchronized PMS), but you get a lot of jealousy, bitter arguing, and emotional encounters. I so do not understand women.

I do know, however, that I am now deeply in love with the band Malice Mizer. I've heard quite a bit of their music before, and enjoyed it--though it can be frustrating to get music stuck in your head when you can't understand the lyrics enough to repeat them. But it was this morning that Cupid's bow struck true, when I watched the video for "Beast of Blood". I had a serious "ohmigawd" moment--never before had I seen any of the band members, let alone the singer. !!! I mean, they're all veritably yummy, but seriously?! Just look... he's the pretty one. Oh how I love pretty boys in tasty period clothing; I get all squishy just thinking about them. *crush!* Okay, count me officially smitten.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net