Tuesday, May 24

And What a Lovely Day It Is!

Indeed, a very calm and relaxed day here at work. And why is that? Because my employer isn't here. So I can wander around the space, chatting with other people, fiddling with stuff lying around for no good reason, and web surf without preparing my alt+tab skills. Speaking of, ThinkGeek has proven once again that they got yo back: the StealthSwitch allows you to toggle off any visible trace of programs you don't want your boss (or nosy significant other) to see just with the tap of your foot. Yes, it can hide games! It looks pretty damn stealth, that's for sure.

I think I might have found someone who I can trust to the tribal on my back that I've been wanting for years. A coworker knows a guy who doesn't work with a shop, but does freelance and is the only artist she would trust for her own work (and this girl is picky). Apparently, he has a tribal band on his right bicep that he did himself. Let me rephrase: he free-handed a tribal on his own right arm using his left hand. And it's visually symmetrical and well done. So ya know this guy has some skill. His rates sound good and he sounds very dedicated to his art, so hopefully sometime soon we can set up a meeting to talk about the design I want. Hehehe.

Speaking of body mod, I think I found my next goal (although I'm not sure how it would go with my tattoo plans). I'd like to thank Dionysus at ErosBlog for bringing this to my attention in this post on corset piercings. Yes, corset piercings. I've been in love with the style for years, but knew that the way it's generally done is very non-permanent, and has a lot of risks of infection and scarring anyway. And I just couldn't justify a ton of scars from a temporary piercing of this magnitude. The ErosBlog article points to this editorial at BMEzine.com on the piercing and it's risks--and also touches on the fact that it can be done properly and permanently. Really?! My ears perked up at the sound of that! There are still risks of course; sticking foreign material into your body and expecting your body to be okay with it rarely happens. But still! Ooooh the possibilities. And no, these aren't the type of piercings people have done to hang by--suspension is a completely different thing altogether (and not in my list of plans). Corset piercings are pretty and exotic and--despite the "trend factor"--very enticing...

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net