Thursday, May 26

Sunshine for the Soul

Turning on the news this morning, I saw footage of several eastern states and the, well, shall we say uber-gloomy weather they are experiencing. I heard something about the high in New York being in the 40's yesterday. And then I look outside, and see the eternal span of perfect blue sky, and hear the baby birds in their nest outside my bedroom window, and know that today is expected to be in the 80's. What can I say? I'm sorry, East Coast, that your weather is sucking monkey balls right now. I'll send happy sunshine vibes your way!

I've been waking up early lately as the sunshine starts to really brighten up the bedroom, despite the dark curtain I have hanging. So I've been waking up at around 6a, panicking about why the alarm hasn't gone off, then realizing I'm an hour early and going back to sleep. I always have a nice realization though when I consider that my waking up then means not only that it's going to be a loverly day out, but that I've had a decent amount of rest. Not *enough* mind you (never enough), but decent.

Yesterday I had an impromptu coffee date with my friend from the mc chris show (I need to give these people names, let's call her Star...) She gave me a call towards the end of work asking if I wanted to get together and she had perfect timing because the housemate had just turned down my offer to see a movie that evening and I was left wanting to do something. So we met across the street, and sat outside drinking iced coffees and discussing life. You know, the past, the past's effect on the present, the future and how it will be different from the past. Star's and my life are quickly becoming assimilated and we're becoming very close partners in crime (teeheehee). Earlier yesterday she'd been to one of the bigger Chain Book Stores in town, and randomly picked up an astrology book. She lent the book to me yesterday; it's called Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller. This book isn't based on a person's sun sign (the one most people know about), but instead focuses on their North Node. I have no idea what North Node is, though, because I was too impatient to read the introductory paragraphs and skipped ahead to my own North Node. Ironically, it said I have issues with moving too quickly, which can result in my skipping over earlier details and having to go back. Obviously! ;) I'll talk more about the revelations I found in this book after I'm done reading, well, at least the opening chapters.

A few months ago the housemate spilled a Tiki Punch soda on my keyboard. Rather, he said the cat knocked it over, but she's never on the desk anyway, so either he spilled it and was trying to blame the mute one, or for some reason he put the cat on the desk. Anyway, it didn't hurt my keyboard (Luckily! Damn bastard.) but now my escape key is very very sticky. My keyboard is very "clicky" and makes a lot of noise, but not the escape key. I hate when I hit that key because I can feel the stickiness that lies underneath and it just makes me go "Ewww" and look at that key in disgust. It's not the escape key's fault, it's just stuck that way. Literally.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take a shower this morning, or if I want to take a bath. The latter would mean cleaning the bathtub. But it would be a good day for a soak with some bath salts. Could I risk reading Star's book while I lounge in water? Hmm...

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net