Friday, May 20

Mid-Day Diversion

It's hard for me to realize just how so many people in one space can have so many different and varying levels of comfort for the heating/air conditioning. I realize I may perhaps be a little on the amphibious or cold-blooded side, but nonetheless I never feel warm in public spaces. And if I am warm by some chance or miracle, the people around me are sweltering. But really, why can't I have a normal body temperature? Generally my actual temperature is a bit lower than average. This is not something I appreciate. It makes me buy a lot of blankets, and long-sleeve shirts. And drink a lot of hot chocolate--yes, even in the summer (I'm addicted). I think it must be a girl thing to be cold, and most guys seem to agree that we are, in fact, always cold. I just say that means they're not doing their job right.

I love making food that takes so little effort/attention. Some things you have to stand there and watch, continuously stirring or turning or whatever. I like walking away, doing something, getting distracted, coming back some undeterminable amount of time later and everything is ready for the next step. It helps to have a good internal timer and be well-versed in just how long it takes to heat a broth or bake a potato, of course. Or maybe it's all luck and it is a real wonder that anything I make comes out right. I just know that my lunch of fucilli with cheese, cashew and sesame seeds was delicious. And in the time it was made, I got ready for work, and didn't have to think once. Lucky me.

In other news, I got the client site successfully launched. I love it when things work out and every link works and every image loads. I'm working on a few projects now, including some stuff that's new to my repertoire but is turning out splendidly. Even if I don't love my main job at least it (generally) gives me time to play around a bit and not get totally burnt out on graphic or web design.

I've noticed as of late that even though most of my shirts are very dark (i.e. black) coloured, they're still sheer. How do I always end up with see-through clothing?! A few are particularly bad. I've always tried to stay away from the visible-bra syndrome, as I was traumatized in middle school by a friend who constantly wore her black bra with bright yellow smiley faces under tight white tshirts. Of course, this friend became a huge tramp, so the bra thing seems mild. It was just so darn tacky. But, it did also help me appreciate just how it is that less can be more, in the way that seeing less of a person's underwear when they're not naked can inspire a lot more lust in picturing what might be there. My shirt probably isn't as sheer as I think it is, but still. If I want someone to see my bra, then I'll show them. ^_~

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net